Saturday, August 31, 2013

Spicy Pineapple Chili | Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations

Spicy Pineapple Chili

This is a super simple and amazing Spicy Pineapple Chili.  I know I made this in the middle of the summer, so just to make it feel like amazing, soul-warming comfort food. I paid the extra money for my electric bill that day and tried to replicate the artic in my house with my air conditioning.  Needless to say, it got really cold, and the chili really warmed me up, but it just wasn't the same.  But either way the Chili was amazing so on that note, you should probably start making your grocery list for this one right now.  Oh, and real quick before I get to my regular life rants; this was a pain in the ass to photograph.  When you're done making it, please just throw it in a bowl and enjoy every minute of it because it tastes way better than spending an hour styling it and eating it cold haha.

20120629 KiwiPops025 Spicy Pineapple Chili

So one thing I have noticed since I started this whole cooking thing, is I quickly became a huge Kitchen NERD.  I get so excited over kitchen gadgets and love them all haha.  Remember that POST last week, I got myself an amazing Spiral Slicer and have not stopped using that thing.  Plus it made those amazing Lemon Cucumber Noodles.  Oh yea, but back on point.  For this chili, I used my Le Creuset 7 Quart Dutch Oven which has been a regular staple on my stove.  It literally never gets put away because I am always using it to make huge batches of food and freeze them.  Plus Le Creuset colors are just sexy, see:

20120629 KiwiPops002 Spicy Pineapple Chili

Ok, so I am sure you are all bored of me typing already, but there is a point to this whole charade, and that is I am just straight-up, little kid excited.  I actually almost peed myself with excitement when I got home from work today.  I went to my front door and had a GIBOSTIC box waiting for me and I had an inclination as to what it was.  So in traditional eager and Curious George style I ripped it open at the front door and sure enough, there is was.  My brand new, stainless steel, super sleek and sexy Sous Vide Supreme.  I have wanted one of these since one of my Paleo idols (who I now call a wonderful friend Nom Nom Paleostarted posting all of her amazing recipes with it.  I can't wait to start using it.  But don't expect anything original right away, I am going to copy Nom Nom's posts until I figure this thing out.  But yes that was the huge news: all that reading and all you got was me having a new toy.  Hope you're excited for me.  I know you're dying for the recipe now, but if you haven't figured out that you can just scroll down and ignore my banter, I am both sorry and grateful.  Sorry because you have to "listen" to me, but grateful because you love me enough to read this.  And let's be honest, I wouldn't be anything without all you awesome people.  End of story.

Spicy Pineapple Chili

 

20120629 KiwiPops025 Spicy Pineapple Chili

Instructions

  1. Preheat a large Stock Pot or Dutch Oven over medium heat (You can do this in the Crock Pot as well, see notes below)
  2. Brown your thin strips of bacon in your pan
  3. Add in your onions, peppers, jalapeños, and garlic and continue to cook, stirring often for 5 minutes or until your onions become translucent
  4. Now add in your Grass fed Ground Beef, chili powder, and cumin and stir until your ground beef is cooked through
  5. Add in all your remaining ingredients, stir well, and increase heat until your chili comes to a boil
  6. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 45 Minutes

Notes

For the crockpot: 1. Brown your bacon in a saute pan and then place in your crockpot 2. Saute your ground beef in the bacon fat until cooked through and then add to your crockpot with all the remaining ingredients 3. Cook on low for 4-6 hours and Enjoy

And if you are still reading, thank you for sticking this out with me.  I didn't want to flood you with anymore knowledge up top but in case you haven't been keeping up, I am on my second round of my friend Balanced Bites 21 Day Sugar Detox and couldn't feel anymore amazing.  If you would like to join me, it is never too late and you will thank yourself.  If interested click on the picture below:

21DSD joinMe Spicy Pineapple Chili

***Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs***

Email subscription

Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly



Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment